Chunky Monkey

27 October 2014

Two days ago our little butterball turned a month old.  Ok, she is not really a butterball- actually she is about the size of an actual newborn now weighing in at 7lb. 11 oz and 20 inches at her 1 month Dr. appointment.  But to me and Brent she has grown so much since we left the hospital with a 5lb. 18 in. babe.  They say that babies can grow overnight and I think that is just what happened.  Last week, for 3 days straight all June did was sleep and we were starting to get a little worried, but then she woke up and was a huge baby!  We both noticed the difference and it makes us happy to have her gaining weight so well.

I guess it means you are a parent when you get excited about how much your baby weighs.  These things I never quite understood before we took the parent plunge.  I think Jim Gaffigan has a joke about babies weight.  It goes something like this... "Everytime you have a baby everyone wants to know what they weigh.  When my daughter was born she was 8lbs. and when people would ask they would always say ooooh big baby- I thought, how rude, she is only a month old, but we put her on the Atkins diet anyways."