Oh Baby...

13 October 2014


Well Brent and I have been parents now for about 2 1/2 weeks.  It has been the best. craziest. sweetest 2 weeks ever.  We are totally sleep deprived and in love with our baby June.  I am really struggling with the breastfeeding bit and Brent is trying to stay conscious in class but other than that our life is bliss.  When we first had her I think Brent experienced insta-love.  For me, I have grown in love with her each day.  When she was first born I think I was ultra-overwhelmed and needed some time to settle into motherhood.  But now I feel that feeling everyone talks about.  It is the sweetest experience in the world to have your baby lay on your chest with their bum in the air and legs curled up just snoozing away.

I have started to feel like myself again which is helps too, because the first week after we had her I kinda just felt like I was in this time warp experiencing the longest day ever and I just thought "oh, this is my new life, I better get used to it".  Now we are so much more settled and feel well enough to take her out and go for family walks and even travel all the way to Idaho Falls... woohooo. Love Life.