The Good, The Bad, and some more good stuff.

21 December 2014

The Good:

-Brent is currently on a 3 week Christmas break from school.  He has vowed to hold baby all three weeks and has done surprisingly well with his commitment.  Besides that, I LOVE LOVE having him home.  He is such a wonderful husband and getting to be with him every day all day has made me one happy woman 

-Our baby is cute.  And I mean really cute.  She is just starting to coo and smile and it just melts both of us in a puddle. When she coos it sounds really similar to her saying "glue, glue, glue"! I love it when Brent is trying to get her to do something cute and I am in the other room listening to him bend over backwards to get a gummy smile out of her.  It makes me snicker because we are totally "those parents".


The bad:

-Nursing is still the bane of my motherhood.  We have ourselves a picky little lady but it is something that I so want for all of our babies to have.  Nursing your child is such a special close experience (I mean, when they aren't screaming in your face and refusing to latch).  I really feel strongly that I need to nurse our baby and even though it has pushed me to the edge almost everyday I am not ready to quit.  If it wasn't for all of the wonderful support I have then I know I couldn't have made it this long.  If anything nursing has taught me two things: 
1) Patience and love for my little one and empathy for how she feels
2)Don't you dare judge a mom- I know there are a lot of moms out there who choose not to breastfeed for various reasons and I think I was a little judgy till our experience became so difficult.  There are so many opportunities out there to find something to criticize about another mother and I am making a commitment to stay judgement free because you know what?  Raising a baby is the hardest thing I have ever ever done and so I praise every mother for her efforts.


-Tubby Tummy: this means I am still a chub.  I thought the baby was supposed to slowly eat me away and she would become the chubby one while I got my nice figure back... Well folks we are still workin on that and it might be a while before we get there. Actually it's probably all these blasted Christmas num nums that people keep bringing over.  


Some more Good:

I wanted to have 2 good sections because I truly believe that--that which we focus on expands and becomes our reality.

-It is the Christmas season and that means that we get to see family, sing Christmas songs, and focus on the Savior.  It is special this year having a little one to ring in the new year with.  Love this Christmas quote from Elder Holland: "But first and forever there was just a little family, without toys or trees or tinsel.  With a baby—that’s how Christmas began.”