3rd Trimester- The Final Countdown

12 September 2014


 Labor day is fast approaching... and I don't mean the holiday.  Being pregnant is kind of a funny thing because it's like this train you get on that is heading to a final destination and you can't stop it and sometimes you turn around and realize that it's going really fast.  But the thing is that you want to be on this train and you signed up for pregnancy, labor, and parenthood full willing- but it is all still kind of scary and coming closer every. single. day.  Especially now that I am in my 37th week I can really feel the pressure -- like mentally and physically-- I tell you this girl is big!  I am starting to be a little more on the needy side.  This means I spend a lot of time beckoning to Brent and pointing at things I want with big eyes and a semi-pained expression.  If he ever gives me grief I just pull up this picture of my current organ arrangement on my phone and show it to him to remind him what this baby makin stuff entails.  I'm totally kidding-- I have never done that.  And actually Brent has been a super husband/dad.  If anything, being pregnant has taught me a lot about how much love that man has for me :)  But seriously, get a load of where the intestines are!
While I have completed my internship, successfully graduated BYU-Idaho and moved into nesting mode, Brent has started dental school.  Isn't he a cutie!  Actually He has been in school for about 7 weeks now and he is doing awesome. 

Here is the latest in the "bump update" department.  I'm sorry none of the pics are very high quality.  We are working on getting a better picture taking device.
28 weeks
30 weeks

32 weeks


35 Weeks (this shirt makes me look huge... awesome haha)
36 weeks



37 weeks (and I think she may have dropped!)



How far along?  37 weeks!

Maternity clothes: mostly t-shirts and husband’s sweat pants.  Every once in a while I get really glamorous and put on real clothes!

Stretch marks: No and crossing my fingers.  My mom said I gave her stretch marks a day before she delivered me so to watch out!  Either way I don’t know that my body will ever quite be the same but that is a ok 

Sleep: This is funny because I am writing this at 2:24 am….  So I guess you can draw your own conclusions.  It is an interesting thing this sleep because I am so so tired and yet it wont come.  I feel bad keeping Brent up with tossing and turning so after 4 hours of good effort I gave up and came to finish this post!

Miss anything? I miss hugs where Brent and I both get to stand up straight.  I also miss running, jumping, rolling over with ease haha.  Oh the simple things we take for granted when we are not 9 months pregnant.

Movement: She has really slowed down.  A month ago I would watch her bulge out both sides and now she mostly just jabs my ribs here and there.  

Food cravings: Ice Cream.  Brent and I found this one dollar ice cream shop close to our house and we are starting to frequent it about once a week.  Not to mention I can’t wait to have a baby that I can blame missing food on.  When there are only 2 of you and half a tub of Tillamook Mudslide ice cream goes missing it can be kind of embarrassing.  

Gender: Girl. 

Labor signs: My braxton hicks have just been really vamping up.  They are not painless anymore as the definition states them to be.  I will get checked on Monday for progress.  I am trying not to get my hopes up for anything too crazy but would love to have this baby a little early rather than a little late.

Symptoms: insomnia, aching hips, lower back pain

Belly button in or out? Still in but some days it is nearly flat

Happy or moody most of the time: Very content.  I am grateful that I haven’t had crazy mood swings and that this has been able to be a special time of our life

Looking forward to: meeting our baby.  I just want to see her face and hold her and be a little family with husband.






Here is a video I really liked that helped me to have faith in my choice to become a mother.